With the new tropical system in the Gulf of Mexico it is time to review where to find the best information to stay informed.
1. First, we have to mention our Coastal Resilience Team who work with a lot of partners to create these Homeowner Handbooks to help prepare for coastal hazards - get it for your state http://stormsmart.org/handbook/
2. NOAA NWS National Hurricane Center
The experts on tropical weather have all the latest updates here https://www.weather.gov/lch/tropic
3. NOAA's National Centers for Environmental Information have these super useful Extreme Weather Information sheets by state https://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/newis/
4. They also make an IOS app if you are an Apple product user, you can download this https://apps.apple.com/us/app/newis-noaa-extreme-weather-information/id669225819
5. Gulf of Mexico Coastal Ocean Observing System - GCOOS has a weather product that allows the user to turn on and off various bits of data to tailor make your own observation. https://geo.gcoos.org/weather/